Nobody leaves the opportunity to be a part of the trend and use the latest trending apps. Over the past few years, listening to music online has been a habit for many people around the world. And recently, the new Spotify music app has taken over several other music apps including Gaana, JioSaavn, and many others.
Most of these apps are paid but you can access them for free but only with some conditions. Well, if you are confused between using Spotify and Gaana, and want to know which one will be good for you, then we are going to compare Spotify Music Vs Gaana for you.
This comparison will help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of both the apps. So let’s get started and make an amazing Spotify vs Gaana.
Price Comparison Between Spotify and Gaana
Well, the first point, which is the most important factor that can make or break your decision, is the cost of the premium accounts for both the apps.
When you use Spotify on mobile, Then the free trial gets a little tight because you can play playlists of your favorite songs.
Well, Spotify Premium will cost you around Rs 299 per month, which will remove all these restrictions, including those that stop ads, and you can enjoy your music without limits. Also, there are different packages, so you can choose according to your need.
When we talk about the Gaana app, it also provides us with free and premium services. The free services are similar to Spotify. If you are going to use it for free, you will obviously hear different advertisements in between.
Gaana’s main advantage over Spotify now comes as it only costs you around Rs 99 per month which might make you change your mind. This was about the cost of both apps, but it’s not enough to compare.
Overall Features Comparison
Now, let’s dive in and compare some of the key features of both that you should know before making a decision.
- The most significant difference between these two apps is that Spotify supports student plan while Gaana does not support such plans.
- You can also sign up for a 30-day free plan or a 1-day prepaid plan for Rs 13, which Gaana does not offer at all. You can use it for free with ads and restrictions or buy a premium plan.
- Also, Gaana gives you around 30 million tracks while Spotify gives you around 40 million tracks which is a huge advantage of Spotify over Gaana.
- Well, there is also a bit similar feature like Spotify has “Daily Mix” which gives you songs based on your preferences and Gaana has “Done for You” which also does the same thing.
- One advantage of Gaana over Spotify is that Gaana is compatible with Google Home or Amazon Echo smart speakers, while Spotify is not yet supported in India.
- Gaana supports all its content in 16 languages which is a good point while Spotify only supports 8 Indian languages at the moment.
- The audio quality offered by Spotify is up to 160kbps for free subscribers and 320kbps for paid users. On the other hand, Gaana only gives 128kbps to free subscribers and 320kbps to paid subscribers. So this point is also important if you want to use any of the apps for free.
Well, it was a comparison of the features that they offer you.
To make it easier for you, let’s take a look at the comparison between the two with a table that will help you analyze them comfortably.
|Price||Rs. 299 per month||Rs. 99 per month|
|Supported Platforms||Android, iOS, and Windows||Android, iOS, and Windows|
|Supported Services||Free and Paid||Free and Paid|
|Specific Plans||Student Plan, Prepaid Plan||No such plans|
|Audio Quality||For Free- 160 kbps
For Paid- 320 kbps
|For Free- 128 kbps
For Paid- 320 kbps
|Number Of Tracks||40 million tracks||30 million tracks|
|Number of Languages||8 Indian Languages||16 Indian Languages|
So if we look at the comparison between Gaana and Spotify, Spotify is preferred due to its trend and other basic features which are better than Gaana.
But in case your main focus is on the price, then you can go for the Gaana app, because yes, it gives you premium plans at an affordable price. Well, it is up to you to decide which one to use because they both have advantages over each other.